How it works
Custom work is always welcome!
It would be an honour to work with you to create a custom piece for yourself or someone you love.
How it works:
1. Fill out our
We will be in touch within 3 business days with an approximate quote.
2. If you would like to proceed. We will send you our online booking calendar to set up a time for a phone or in-person meeting. This gives us a chance to iron out all of the details for the job.
3. Once we have chatted and I have good idea of what you would like made I am able to do sketches!
In order to proceed with these a $200 deposit is required. This goes directly towards the cost of the project.
I do a minimum of 2, maximum of 3 sketches and outline the exact cost for each design that is presented. This information will be emailed to you.
4. Once we have finalized your favourite design we will get started on carving the wax and sourcing the gemstones. At this time we do a 50% deposit (less your previous $200 deposit).
The carved wax model and gemstones for your piece will then be ready to show you! This can be in person or by photos (just whichever works best for you).
5. Once I have your approval on the wax your piece will be cast and finished.
6. Once your piece is done it can be shipped to you or picked up in person! At this time the balance for the project is due.
Some common questions...
How long does it usually take?
The timeline is normally 4-6 weeks.
Can I bring you a heirloom ring to incorporate into the design?
Yes you can! I love to re-work items that hold a special meaning. We can use the gold and any gemstones in a new design.
Can I bring you old gold and/or a loose gemstone to make a design with?
Yes. I am happy to explain the whole process of how we can and will do this when we meet.
What is the average cost to have a piece custom made?
The answer to this is dependant on if you are having an existing piece customized with a different gemstone or metal OR if you are getting a new design that does not currently exist created.
If you are having a new piece created the starting cost is $500. This cost is due to the labour both in designing and carving something new.
If I am able to make slight alternations on existing designs the cost is dependent on the labour involved. I am happy to let you know an estimate once we finalize the details of your request.