Custom work is always welcome! It would be an honour to work with you to create a custom piece for yourself or someone you love.
How it works?
1. You fill out our
and we will be in touch within 3 business days with an approximate quote or follow up questions to provide you with a quote for the project.
2. If you would like to proceed. We get back to you with our online booking calendar to set up a time for a phone or in-person meeting. This gives us a chance to iron out all of the details for the job.
3. Once we have chatted and I have good idea of what you would like made I am able to do sketches! I do a minimum of 2, maximum of 3 and in order to proceed with these a $200 deposit is required. This goes directly towards the cost of the project.
4. With the sketches I will also outline the exact cost for each design that is presented to you.
5. You get back to me with your favourite design and I get started on carving the wax and collecting the supplies required. At this time we do a 50% deposit (less your previous $200 deposit).
6. I show you the carved wax model for your piece along with the gemstones. This can be in person or by photos (just whichever works best for you).
7. Once I have your approval on the wax I cast and finish the piece, then set the gemstones and for items over $2000 have the piece appraised by a gemologist. Any items below $2000 can be appraised as well for a small charge.
8. You come to pick up your finished piece! At this time the balance for the project is due.
Some common questions...
What is the average cost to have a piece custom made?
The answer to this is dependant on if you are having an existing piece customized with a different gemstone or metal OR if you are getting a new design that does not currently exist created.
If you having a new piece created the starting cost is $500. This cost is due to the labour both in designing and carving something just for you.
If I am able to make slight alternations on existing designs the cost is dependent on the labour involved. I am happy to let you know an estimate